First post of the year.

This poll is just to get a rough idea on how to handle references to foodstuffs in the game. If most people who play this game know a lot about Japanese cuisine, it’ll save me the trouble of trying to explain it (whether it be a subscript annotation or a TL note). Kosame’s route has a number of sexual references relating to food, and we’re deciding on how to successfully reproduce them for an English audience without detracting from the original intention of the scene — the last thing we want is for the reader to have to Google some obscure Japanese food, because that would obviously ruin the overall experience.

Posted in Hoshimemo, VN translations
16 comments on “First post of the year.
  1. Kago says:

If those references come with puns, ugh, it would be a real pain to look up for the meanings and understand them. So yeah, I would rather have them explained for me (lazy I know I am).

2. baSefrie says:

Same for me. Please explain it. :)

3. Padre says:

Localizing/translating the food terms would probably be a good idea. Having to Google for ’em isn’t exactly a major problem, but it would be a hassle.

I remember 4Kids trying to substitute onigiris with donuts/sandwiches/bread when they were handling the localization of Pokemon in the late 90s. I think they eventually just gave up and called them rice balls.

4. royne says:

when will you release the next patch? what route will it included?

5. Kago says:

Earlier release date will probably be good for everyone, but for me I think not. Some huge self-restraint I’m gonna have to put up to keep me from playing eroge, since I will have been deep in studying for uni exam by the end of March. *sigh*

…rants rants rants…

Anyway, gratz on your great progress. I have been following (stalking?) the project page for a while, and I can definitely tell the translating speed being picked up during these past weeks. Hope you keep up the good work!

6. nova150 says:

lil’ question!

Does the patch will work on Vista or will we have to wait a day or two for a fix? I remember what happened with Isuzu patch…

7. RE:First post of the year. | Staircase НПП Валок Производство роликов МНЛЗ

8. Drivaaqi34n says:

Buying a used or new auto could be a difficult process unless you know what you are undertaking. By teaching yourself about auto shopping prior to deciding to go to the dealer, you could make stuff less difficult yourself. The following advice will help your next store shopping trip be more satisfying.

Generally deliver a auto technician alongside when looking for a new motor vehicle. Automobile merchants are popular for selling lemons and you may not want to be their up coming target. Provided you can not get yourself a auto mechanic to think about vehicles along, at least ensure that you have him evaluate your final decision before you buy it.

Know your limitations. Before you begin store shopping for your next auto or pickup truck, decide what you can afford to spend, and stick to it. Don’t forget to add fascination with your computations. You are likely to pay around 20 percent as an advance payment also, so be well prepared.

Before visiting a dealer, know what kind of vehicle you would like. Research most of you choices ahead of shopping in order to evaluate which works well with your financial allowance and loved ones demands. Seek information to determine how much you must be paying for any potential car.

Before you sign any agreement spend some time to read each and every series, including the fine print. When there is anything at all outlined you do not recognize, will not indication until you get an response that you recognize. Unsavory salesmen can use a contract to insert a lot of charges which were not reviewed.

In the event you retain the previous suggestions at heart next time that you go buying a automobile, you will end up very likely to obtain a good bargain. Getting a auto lacks as a frustration. Use the tips from this post and you can receive the car you want with a good cost.