Status Update- Recruiting a TLC

A picture is worth a thousand words. [Yes, this was from quite a while back]. The reason why I hadn’t posted this earlier was because I wanted to receive some sort of approval from Favorite after explaining our views. Since they haven’t replied in well over a week, I assume that they’re simply going to ignore us.

SVN is back up and running. Translation is at 8.6%. No hacking progress since last time- whenever that was.

We are looking for someone to TLC the scripts. Email us if you’re interested. If we can’t find anybody by the end of December, we’ll simply release the prologue patch as-is. Hacking should definitely be finished by then (which is one of the primary reasons we’re not releasing anything at the moment).

We’ve fixed one of the major problems with the game last month. The game no longer freezes and/or crashes. I basically had Hacker write up something in Python which adds spaces until each line reaches a certain “safe” byte-count. The problem with this method is that the speaker-brackets 「」which are at the start and end of each line becomes retarded [illustrated below].

The speaker-tags themselves are also more annoying than what we expected. These two problems are probably the last things which need to be dealt with. We’re not going to bother with wordwrapping, because that requires more advanced assembly knowledge which is rather time-consuming. We may try in the future, but no guarantees.

Posted in Miscellaneous, VN translations
9 comments on “Status Update- Recruiting a TLC
  1. Nik_ says:

>We’re not going to bother with wordwrapping
    Why not static wordwrapping? I simply don’t understand all translators that complaining about engine support of wordwrapping. Just write some program script (php, perl, python or other interpreted language) and use it as one of the game script packing steps. It worked for my vn project and i don’t see any obstacles to use this method for others.

2. robthebin says:

Glad to see that you guys are back in business, really look forward to the translation patch. Cheers and thanks alot!

• Retta says:

В планах есть статья по работе с внешней вспышкой, но по срокам точно не скажу. В двух словах, встроенная вспышка дает вам управляемый источник света, который позволяет моделировать тени, объем, ну и естественно помогает держаться в “рабочих” рамках ÐÂБ‹Ð´ÐµÑ€Ð¶²ÂºÃÂ¸-диÃðфрагмы более гибко, чем встроенная.

• http://www./ says:

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific website.

• http://www./ says:

Thanks for the reminders that kids' clothes should be safe for them. My child, Averie, loves wearing skirts and blouses. That's why it isn't difficult for me to check on her safety while wearing her clothes. On the other hand, she loves dolls too. Her collection of , and accessories prove such fondness.

• That’s a clever answer to a tricky question

• Posted by on August 23, 2011 at 2:42 pm I really love this explanation with the true meaning of the word namaste. It is really a very beautiful word although overused without thought many times which devalues its strength and meaning. Isn’t it wonderful to honor people, not criticize and think the worst, but honor the best, the good, the light!!.-= Betty Saenz Austin TX Green REALTOR´s last blog .. =-.

3. Doku says:

@Nik_: I assume when they said “not going to bother with wordwrapping”, they meant that they were going to go with hard-coded wordwrapping instead.
    I seriously doubt their hacker (or whoever wrote that space-adding script) can’t figure out how to write a simple linebreaking script.

4. Nik_ says:

@Doku: When there’s no need to mention it. From game user point of view it’s all the same IF it’s working.